lunes, 20 de julio de 2015

20th Jul 2015

Picnic under the Hans Glacier
It is the highest time to upload some photos. I have done them few days ago. Recently it was a bit hot time, and my life was practically reduced to turns of 24 h and sleeping after it.
However, when there is a while and the weather conditions are good the surroundings turn into something magical. I leave some pics from one lazy afternoon walk with Karolina. We were waiting with the camera for the show, but the glaciar calved just before our observation started. That is a pity, but the glacier it is about 40 min walking from the station, so for sure I will have possibility to make some decent video.
To show the size of the glacier I have approached the snow. It was not dangerous since it is calving into the water. Not there.
Karolina

Some nice videos I have done, when with the guys we were checking our repaired amphibian vehicle. Maybe I will upload them in the far future:) After checking the amphibian with my boss, we went for the small excursion. We have approached the Hans glacier with the boat, and later the batteries form my camera were dead. That was very nice that the owner of the Grey Wolf yacht let me his batteries, so I could make some more pics.

Jarek´s boat
Checking amphibian





Amphibian

Hans in the background


us- the oranges and Peter on the Grey Wolf

on the Grey Wolf, with gyroscopic binoculars, amazing!

on the Grey Wolf

3 comentarios:

  1. Domi! It looks amazing! Fucking amazing, to be honest :). I'm really happy to see so thrilled and deep into it. Is there something similar to a "postal address" of the scientific station?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The Stanisław Siedlecki Polish Polar Station in Hornsund

    9170 Longyearbyen
    Svalbard, Norway
    is an address :D you can send me a postcard:D

    ResponderEliminar